Today Screen Producers Australia (SPA) announced the third round of finalists for two more categories in the 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards. The Awards celebrate content produced from an extended, two-year period due to COVID-19, and champion outstanding Australian screen productions, showcasing the skill, imagination and innovative thinking of Australia’s world class production businesses.
Finalists in the categories Documentary Program or Series Production of the Year and Feature Documentary Production of the Year are now open for voting by the SPA members, with the production receiving the highest number of votes declared the award recipient.
“Over the past 18 months documentary productions from our members have been a real talking point for many Australians, with many turning to the genre to learn more about Australian culture, history and current affairs. We at SPA are extremely proud of the thought-provoking content coming from our documentary producers, and the dialogue these important stories encourage,” said SPA CEO, Matthew Deaner.
“I congratulate each of our members who are finalists in the categories open for voting today and look forward to celebrating your achievements at SCREEN FOREVER in March 2022.”
The three categories of finalists announced today are:
Open for voting 26 October – 08 November
Documentary Program or Series Production of the Year
- Back to Nature – Media Stockade
- Family Rules (Season 3) – Metamorflix
- Finding The Archibald – Mint Pictures
- Head Above Water – McAvoy Media
- Lindy Chamberlain: The True Story – Easy Tiger
- Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds (Season 2) – Endemol Shine Australia
- Outback Truckers – Prospero Productions
- REVELATION – In Films
- See What You Made Me Do – Northern Pictures
- Shaun Micallef’s On The Sauce – CJZ
- West Gate Bridge Disaster: The Untold Stories – Ocean View Entertainment