- Series Number: 3 /
- Length: 29 mins /
- Australian Broadcaster: NITV /
- Year: 2016 /
- Written and Directed By: Kimberley Benjamin /
- Produced with the assistance of: Screenwest and Lotterywest /
- Produced in association with: NITV /
- Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM): Study Guide /
- The Education Shop : DVD /
- The Education Shop : Digital /
From The Western Frontier is a documentary initiative supported by Screenwest and National Indigenous Television and features the work of emerging Indigenous Western Australian writers / directors. The third instalment of this series examines the legacy of the Stolen Generations policies through the eyes of young Aboriginal women.
From The Western Frontier is produced by Metamorflix. Developed and produced in association with Screenwest & Lotterywest and produced in association with National Indigenous Television.
18 year-old Brianne Yarran is a talented dancer and in her last year of high school. For her final year performance she decides to use her Nannas’ story as the inspiration for her solo dance routine. Bree has always known that her three Nannas were part of the Stolen Generations but she never truly understood what this meant and how it impacted on their lives. To do their story justice and to create a powerful dance piece, she must go on a difficult journey to learn the truth of their experience.