- Series Number: 3 /
- Length: 27 mins /
- Australian Broadcaster: NITV /
- Year: 2016 /
- Written and Directed By: Casey Kickett /
- Producer with the assistance of: Screenwest and Lotterywest /
- Produced in association with: NITV /
- Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM): Study Guide /
- The Education Shop: DVD /
- The Education Shop : Digital /
From The Western Frontier is a documentary initiative supported by Screenwest and National Indigenous Television and features the work of emerging Indigenous Western Australian writers / directors. The third instalment of this series examines the legacy of the Stolen Generations policies through the eyes of young Aboriginal women.
From The Western Frontier is produced by Metamorflix. Developed and produced in association with Screenwest & Lotterywest and produced in association with National Indigenous Television.
Fair-skinned Noongar girl, Meeka Rees, struggles to fit into an Aboriginal world despite her grandmother being prominent Aboriginal artist, Sandra Hill. She goes on a personal journey with her grandmother, mother and sister to understand how an ideology, based on skin-colour, underpinned the Stolen Generations policies and continues to impact on her family’s ability to identify and connect with their Aboriginality today.