- Length: 6 x 26mins /
- Australian Broadcaster: NITV /
- Year: 2018 /
- Developed by : Metamorflix and Karla Hart Enterprises /
- Distributor: Flame Distribution /
- Supported with the assistance of: Screen Australia /
- Developed and Produced with the assistance of: Screenwest & Lotterywest /
- Developed and Produced in association with: NITV /
- NITV : Program website /
- Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM): Study Guide /
- The Education Shop: DVD /
- The Education Shop : Digital /
This up close and personal series gives an exclusive insight into modern Indigenous family life through a unique family of women. Hannah, Jessica, Aleisha, Sharna, Kiara, Kelly, Shenika and Angela navigate their way through adolescence and adulthood as their mother, Daniella, teaches them life lessons. As well as the juggle of nine daughters, grandchildren and full-time work, Daniella – a widow – is trying to find time for herself and the determination to keep working towards her university degree. With their own unique humour and style, these women juggle their aspirations with the reality of everyday life.
Sharna has turned 21 and decides to cross something off her bucket list and face her fear of heights.
Offshore worker Kelly works hard and plays hard too, but turning 25 makes her wonder if it is time to settle down.
Aleisha has finished high school, but the pressure from her mum and older sisters to do something with her life is starting to build.
It’s nearly the end of year 11 for high-achieving Jessica, but her social life and extra-curricular commitments are threatening her good grades.
A university student in Melbourne, Kiara has some life-changing news.
Daniella is studying to finish her degree, while juggling a full-time job, being mum to nine girls, a grandmother of an ever-growing brood and taking care of her own mum.